“Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.”
— Richard James Molloy
Your First Visit
What to Expect:
- Your initial visit will last between 45 minutes and one hour.
- Patient Forms - You should allow up to 15 minutes for completion of the necessary paperwork or you may download them here and complete prior to your arrival.
- Consultation and Examination – A thorough consultation and examination will be performed by Dr. Shay to evaluate your specific condition and determine if chiropractic care is a suitable means of treatment.
- X-Rays (if medically necessary) – While the chiropractic consultation and physical examination evaluate the function of your body, x-rays play an integral role in evaluating the form of your spine. An x-ray will provide Dr. Shay with the necessary information to properly diagnose and develop a treatment protocol that will restore both form and function to your body.
- Treatment – In most cases, you will be treated on your initial visit (excluding special offers). The specific form of treatment will be determined by the outcomes of your consultation, examination, and x-rays.
- Checkout – You will receive home care instructions and be scheduled for a report of findings the following day.
Follow Up Visit: Report of Findings
What to Expect:
- Your follow-up visit will last between 45 minutes and one hour.
- The Goal is to Answer Your Questions:
- “What is the problem and why is my condition not going away?” – In your follow up visit, Dr. Shay review the nature of your condition from the previous visit (Another term for this would be your “Diagnosis.”).
- “Can Dr. Shay help me with my condition? – Dr. Shay will not accept a case that he does not feel can benefit from conservative chiropractic care. If necessary, he will gladly refer you to the health professional best suited to treat your condition.
- What types of treatment does he recommend? – Please see our services offered page for a complete list of treatments provided.
- How long will it take to correct my condition? – Pain relief may be noticed after just one treatment, but often times your condition will require multiple visits to provide correction and lasting change.
- How much will my chiropractic care cost? – Dr. Shay will discuss insurance benefits, as well as co-pays, deductibles, and/or cash fees for treatment.
- The Decision is Yours
Dr. Shay is happy to serve you. At the end of the day, it is your body and Dr. Shay is happy to serve you in any capacity necessary to get you back to optimum health and wellbeing.